Whilst there are two vacant places on the Parish Council, as there are less than six months to the next full election (May 2019) it has been agreed not to fill them. (Local Elections(Parishes and Communities)(England and Wales)Rules 2006, SI2006/3305 r 5(5)).
However, If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor and standing in the elections in May 2019, please get in touch with Horsham District Council who run the election process or with the Parish Clerk.
General documents relating to applying to be a Councillor, when a casual vacancy arises can be found below.
In line with the Local Government Act 1972 s 87 (1) a Casual Vacancy is deemed to have occurred:-
(1) When a local councillor fails to make his declaration of acceptance of office withing the proper time.
(2) When his notice of resignation has been received.
(3) On the day of his death.
(4) In the case of disqualification by conviction.
(5) In the case of an election being declared void.
(6) Where a person ceases to become qualified.