There are two vacancies on North Horsham Parish Council, one in Horsham Rural and one in Comptons. If anyone is interested in being co-opted onto the Council and serving as a Parish Councillor please get in touch with the Clerk.
John Smithurst was co-opted to Holbrook West on 16th May 2019.
General documents relating to applying to be a Councillor, when a casual vacancy arises can be found below.
In line with the Local Government Act 1972 s 87 (1) a Casual Vacancy is deemed to have occurred:-
(1) When a local councillor fails to make his declaration of acceptance of office withing the proper time.
(2) When his notice of resignation has been received.
(3) On the day of his death.
(4) In the case of disqualification by conviction.
(5) In the case of an election being declared void.
(6) Where a person ceases to become qualified.